AT&T launches LTE in 10 new markets
AT&T knows that LTE connectivity on the iPhone 5 is a tremendous draw for customers and the carrier is rolling out its 4G mobile broadband service to new markets at a feverish pace. AT&T announced this week that it is turning on LTE in the following 10 locations:
- Birmingham, Ala.
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Fayetteville, N.C.
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Memphis, Tenn.
- Pittsburgh, Penn.
- Philadelphia, Penn.
- Sacramento, Calif.
- Seattle, Wash.
- Wilmington, Dele.
AT&T launched LTE in nine markets last week and is on schedule to flip the switch in 34 new markets by the end of the year. With this latest rollout, AT&T's LTE coverage now extends to 66 markets and over 74 million people.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter