Fix iOS 6 App Store connectivity with Date and Time trick
Have you been getting connection errors in the iOS 6 App Store? You're not alone. I've also be getting the error message at right since updating to iOS 6. Fortunately, there's a quick fix.
Apple Discussion Board user CLwill posted a hint that worked for me:
"Go to Settings>General>Date and Time>Set Automatically>Off. Set the date one year ahead. Try to update the apps again. If you get an error message, go back to the settings. Correct the date and time (set automatically) then go back and try to update the apps again."
Not only did this correct the connectivity issue, it has allowed me to browse the list of available Passbook-compatibile apps. Several MacRumors users also report that the fix solved the issue for them.
Finally, I noticed that, after changing the date, the row of icons at the bottom of the iOS 6 App Store have changed from "Features," "Categories," "Top 25," "Search" and "Updates" to "Featured," "Charts," "Genius," "Search" and "Updates."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update