How-to posted for jailbreaking iOS 6 on A4-powered iPhones, iPods
Once the gold master version of iOS 6 landed in the hands of developers, the iPhone Dev Team was quick to release an iOS 6-compatible version of its Redsn0w jailbreak tool. Now that iOS 6 is available to the public, select iPhone and iPod touch owners can download the tool and jailbreak their device.
This latest version of Redsn0w includes support for iOS 6 devices with an A4 processor, which limits the jailbreak to the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GS and the fourth generation iPod touch. You should also note that this is a tethered jailbreak, so you will have to connect your iOS device to your Mac every time you reboot your phone. If you don't mind the tethered part of the jailbreak, Redmond Pie has an excellent set of directions that'll step you through the process.
iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or iPad 2/3 owners running iOS 6 will have to wait for the Dev Team to successfully jailbreak those devices and package the hack into a public-friendly format. There's no ETA on when the Dev Team will release the jailbreak for these newer devices, so owners will have to practice patience while the Dev Team works out all the details.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free