How-to posted for jailbreaking iOS 6 on A4-powered iPhones, iPods
Once the gold master version of iOS 6 landed in the hands of developers, the iPhone Dev Team was quick to release an iOS 6-compatible version of its Redsn0w jailbreak tool. Now that iOS 6 is available to the public, select iPhone and iPod touch owners can download the tool and jailbreak their device.
This latest version of Redsn0w includes support for iOS 6 devices with an A4 processor, which limits the jailbreak to the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GS and the fourth generation iPod touch. You should also note that this is a tethered jailbreak, so you will have to connect your iOS device to your Mac every time you reboot your phone. If you don't mind the tethered part of the jailbreak, Redmond Pie has an excellent set of directions that'll step you through the process.
iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or iPad 2/3 owners running iOS 6 will have to wait for the Dev Team to successfully jailbreak those devices and package the hack into a public-friendly format. There's no ETA on when the Dev Team will release the jailbreak for these newer devices, so owners will have to practice patience while the Dev Team works out all the details.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements