Samsung 'likely to add' the iPhone 5 to its Apple lawsuit
The Wall Street Journal reports that Samsung is "likely" to add Apple's new iPhone 5 to its ongoing patent lawsuit against the company from Cupertino because, well, why not, right? Apple demolished Samsung in the recent ruling, and Samsung is now carrying out a second lawsuit against eight more patents, so the iPhone 5 may be thrown in there as well. A Samsung representative tells the WSJ that it will need to "analyze" the device first, but if it finds any evidence of infringement, it'll get thrown on the pile of evidence already set up for the case.
This new case will be tried by the same judge, Lucy Koh, and there's a hearing next Wednesday for the three parties to figure out how the case should proceed. Right now, the actual trial is tenatively scheduled for sometime in March of next year, so Samsung should have plenty of time to do its "analysis" and get the iPhone 5 in the casework, too.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements