iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3 drop test
Android Authority bought an iPhone 5 and compared the Apple smartphone to the Samsung Galaxy S III in a durability drop test. The blog dropped both devices from three different heights in a way that simulates a fall under normal usage. They first dropped the devices from pocket level, then from about four feet (mid-chest level) and finally from about five and a half feet (head level).
Not surprisingly, the plastic casing of the Samsung Galaxy S III didn't fare so well, with both the screen and the outer case cracking from a mere four-foot drop. In the five-foot drop, the S III's battery cover went flying and the damage to the screen was made even worse. The iPhone 5, however, survived all three drops (and even a higher, almost six-foot drop) with only minimal damage to the back and sides.
You can watch the fine performance of the iPhone 5 in the YouTube video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync