iOS 6: Talking to Siri and having fun
Psst. In case you didn't notice? In iOS 6, Siri is a hoot. Apple has programmed in even more silly, sassy, delightful responses and it's up to all of us to find the Easter Eggs.
Asking Siri about itself is one of the more common ways to get a chuckle -- inquire about how old it is, what it's wearing, its birthday, its gender, its favorite color, and whether it has a family.
Try pitching it some of the older standard comic routines like, "Who's on first?" Ask it how it feels about you. Most of all, be persistent. Over time, Apple's programmers have added lots of alternate messages for commonly-asked questions and statements.
Take "Open the pod bay doors," for example. Siri has quite the repertoire of answers to the classic command from Clarke & Kubrick's 2001. Or how about asking what the meaning of life is, or saying "Klaatu barada nikto." Siri's versatility ensures that for many of these silly questions and statements, you'll be rewarded by random and multiple responses.
Siri support is expanded in iOS 6 from only the iPhone 4S to the iPad (current version), plus the new iPhone 5 and the 5th-gen iPod touch. What hilarious answers from Siri have you discovered? Jump into the comments and share!
Not sure what else you can say to Siri? There's a post to help with that!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates