iOS 6: Talking to Siri and having fun
Psst. In case you didn't notice? In iOS 6, Siri is a hoot. Apple has programmed in even more silly, sassy, delightful responses and it's up to all of us to find the Easter Eggs.
Asking Siri about itself is one of the more common ways to get a chuckle -- inquire about how old it is, what it's wearing, its birthday, its gender, its favorite color, and whether it has a family.
Try pitching it some of the older standard comic routines like, "Who's on first?" Ask it how it feels about you. Most of all, be persistent. Over time, Apple's programmers have added lots of alternate messages for commonly-asked questions and statements.
Take "Open the pod bay doors," for example. Siri has quite the repertoire of answers to the classic command from Clarke & Kubrick's 2001. Or how about asking what the meaning of life is, or saying "Klaatu barada nikto." Siri's versatility ensures that for many of these silly questions and statements, you'll be rewarded by random and multiple responses.
Siri support is expanded in iOS 6 from only the iPhone 4S to the iPad (current version), plus the new iPhone 5 and the 5th-gen iPod touch. What hilarious answers from Siri have you discovered? Jump into the comments and share!
Not sure what else you can say to Siri? There's a post to help with that!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs