iFixit opens up the Apple A6
For instance, a bona fide ion blaster was used to remove individual layers from the chip itself. Also, a scanning capacitance microscope was used to reveal the "doping profiles" of NMOS and PMOS devices within the A6. Isn't science fun?
You can look at this equipment and read the results over at iFixit.com. Good work, folks!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app