iFixit opens up the Apple A6
For instance, a bona fide ion blaster was used to remove individual layers from the chip itself. Also, a scanning capacitance microscope was used to reveal the "doping profiles" of NMOS and PMOS devices within the A6. Isn't science fun?
You can look at this equipment and read the results over at iFixit.com. Good work, folks!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync