iFixit opens up the Apple A6
For instance, a bona fide ion blaster was used to remove individual layers from the chip itself. Also, a scanning capacitance microscope was used to reveal the "doping profiles" of NMOS and PMOS devices within the A6. Isn't science fun?
You can look at this equipment and read the results over at iFixit.com. Good work, folks!
A look inside the A6
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7