iPhone 5 battery journal and torture testing
I think the best tests of a battery are real-world ones. Rob Pegoraro tested his iPhone 5 in everyday life and found that it matches up great with competitors. My favorite quote:
"Each figure beats any Android phone I've tested on an LTE signal, although some 3G models have done better."
In other words, the iPhone 5 is a great LTE phone in particular. Pegoraro found he didn't have to charge his phone until into the night, although he's yet to fully test it at a mobile-heavy event like SXSW or CES. I find that when the phone has to strain for signal it drains the battery faster, so we'll have to see how that goes.
Still, the iPhone 5 battery, in such a small space, is a wonder to behold.
I think the best tests of a battery are real-world ones. Rob Pegoraro tested his iPhone 5 in everyday life and found that it matches...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update