Consumer Reports likes iPhone 5
Consumer Reports has posted its initial review of the iPhone 5, and it's mostly positive. Testers liked the display, calling it "crisp and bright," as well as LTE connectivity, noting that the iPhone 5 downloaded web pages faster than previous models.
The complaints shouldn't be a surprise to those who've been reading iPhone 5 reviews. The testers at Consumer Reports found the Maps app to be unreliable, both in search mode and turn-by-turn. They also found the camera to be comparable to that in the iPhone 4S, and not a major leap forward.
You can read the full report here. The group plans to publish more in-depth information soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature