Consumer Reports likes iPhone 5
Consumer Reports has posted its initial review of the iPhone 5, and it's mostly positive. Testers liked the display, calling it "crisp and bright," as well as LTE connectivity, noting that the iPhone 5 downloaded web pages faster than previous models.
The complaints shouldn't be a surprise to those who've been reading iPhone 5 reviews. The testers at Consumer Reports found the Maps app to be unreliable, both in search mode and turn-by-turn. They also found the camera to be comparable to that in the iPhone 4S, and not a major leap forward.
You can read the full report here. The group plans to publish more in-depth information soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options