Consumer Reports likes iPhone 5
Consumer Reports has posted its initial review of the iPhone 5, and it's mostly positive. Testers liked the display, calling it "crisp and bright," as well as LTE connectivity, noting that the iPhone 5 downloaded web pages faster than previous models.
The complaints shouldn't be a surprise to those who've been reading iPhone 5 reviews. The testers at Consumer Reports found the Maps app to be unreliable, both in search mode and turn-by-turn. They also found the camera to be comparable to that in the iPhone 4S, and not a major leap forward.
You can read the full report here. The group plans to publish more in-depth information soon.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter