iPhone 5 international launch draws large crowds
Apple launched the iPhone last week in nine countries and today, the company is rolling out the phone in 22 additional nations. As evidenced in the videos compiled by AppleInsider, the launch was greeted enthusiastically by customers who waited in line to get Apple's latest smartphone.
In addition to these new markets, the iPhone 5 is also going on sale at several regional carriers including Cellcom, nTelos, Appalachian Wireless, C Spire, GCI and Cricket. This is one of Apple's most aggressive iPhone launches with the handset going on sale in 31 countries within two weeks of the announcement.
The new markets launching the iPhone on September 28 include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Apple launched the iPhone last week in nine countries and today, the company is rolling out the phone in 22 additional nations. As...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support