So, your beta just expired. Now what?
You're an iOS developer. Your beta just expired. Now what? Here's a simple cheat sheet for anyone feeling lost at sea.
- Download a gm copy of iOS 6 for your device. You'll find it at developer.apple.com/ios.
- Connect your device to iTunes. Locate it in the sources list, the blue-gray list at the left of iTunes. It appears under DEVICES>.
- Option-click (or Alt-click) Check for Update.
- A file browser window appears. Navigate to the "ipa" firmware update file you downloaded. Select it.
- Agree to whatever is asked of you. Apple will check your device for upgrade and then apply it.
Your upgrade should proceed "in-place" without overwriting your data. If it fails for any reason, you may have to perform a full restore instead.
You're an iOS developer. Your beta just expired. Now what? Here's a simple cheat sheet for anyone feeling lost at sea. Download a...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved