So, your beta just expired. Now what?
You're an iOS developer. Your beta just expired. Now what? Here's a simple cheat sheet for anyone feeling lost at sea.
- Download a gm copy of iOS 6 for your device. You'll find it at developer.apple.com/ios.
- Connect your device to iTunes. Locate it in the sources list, the blue-gray list at the left of iTunes. It appears under DEVICES>.
- Option-click (or Alt-click) Check for Update.
- A file browser window appears. Navigate to the "ipa" firmware update file you downloaded. Select it.
- Agree to whatever is asked of you. Apple will check your device for upgrade and then apply it.
Your upgrade should proceed "in-place" without overwriting your data. If it fails for any reason, you may have to perform a full restore instead.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service