Rumors of an Apple event in October
Over the summer we heard all about the upcoming iPhone 5, but that was to be expected. The rumored "iPad mini," however, has been much harder to spot by wayward components. Still, the stars appear to be aligning for an October Apple event.
We've now also heard whispers from sources about a "refresh" in October, although a smaller iPad wouldn't exactly be a refresh -- and a refreshed Mac Pro or even iMac would likely not be a full-court press event, even with Retina displays on the iMac. We're hearing third-party developers are prepping to be featured at this event as well.
An October "music" event might tie in nicely with a smaller iPad, and Apple got the refreshed iPod lineup out of the way in September. The possibility of developers showing off could mean Retina-ready Mac software or tuned-for-a-smaller-iPad-screen apps. We'll have to see what happens in a few days.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements