Rumors of an Apple event in October
Over the summer we heard all about the upcoming iPhone 5, but that was to be expected. The rumored "iPad mini," however, has been much harder to spot by wayward components. Still, the stars appear to be aligning for an October Apple event.
We've now also heard whispers from sources about a "refresh" in October, although a smaller iPad wouldn't exactly be a refresh -- and a refreshed Mac Pro or even iMac would likely not be a full-court press event, even with Retina displays on the iMac. We're hearing third-party developers are prepping to be featured at this event as well.
An October "music" event might tie in nicely with a smaller iPad, and Apple got the refreshed iPod lineup out of the way in September. The possibility of developers showing off could mean Retina-ready Mac software or tuned-for-a-smaller-iPad-screen apps. We'll have to see what happens in a few days.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7