Ameranth claims Apple's Passbook violates reservation patents
In the latest in patent infringing suits against Apple, iOS 6's Passbook is the target.
Apple Insider reports that Ameranth, which produces poker and restaurant software, claims that the ability to store movie and airline tickets and hotel reservations in Passbook infringes on patents that the company has filed between 1999 and 2005. GigaOM points out that Ameranth has filed similar suits against other companies this summer, and VentureBeat adds that Microsoft and Motorola hold a stake in the company.
Ameranth has a history of mostly focusing on enforcing its patents, but with actual products and that financial stake under its belt, they might be a bit more than an ordinary patent troll.
In the latest in patent infringing suits against Apple, iOS 6's Passbook is the target. Apple Insider reports that Ameranth, which...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype