How to report problems with Apple Maps
When it launched last month, Apple's iOS 6 Maps was widely criticized in the press for its lack of street-level details and sometimes laughable inaccuracies. Instead of listening to all the complaining and finger pointing, iOS users should try to improve Maps by reporting any problems they encounter.
You can easily report a problem by opening the Maps application and clicking on the curled paged at the bottom right corner of the screen. Select the "Report a Problem" link and then fill in the options on the next page that let you identify and detail a problem. You can report incorrect search results, incorrect labels and street names, missing locations, and problems with directions. If your issue isn't listed, you can select "The problem isn't listed" and describe the issue that you encountered.
Apple is rumored to be using its retail staff to report corrections to Maps, and consumers can use this reporting feature to help, too. Like Tim Cook said in his open letter about Apple Maps, "the more our customers use our Maps the better it will get."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync