iPhone 5 selling out in Hong Kong
Hong Kong residents have iPhone 5 fever, and they are buying the smartphone at an astounding rate, according to a report in AppleInsider. This information comes from analyst Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets who is visiting the Asian-Pacific region.
White claims customers have a better chance at winning the actual lottery than getting an iPhone via Apple's online ordering process. Apple uses a lottery method to select customers who can pick up the phone the next day in the Apple store. All the stores White visited were sold out of the iPhone 5.
The iPhone 5 went on sale in Hong Kong on September 28, a week after its initial September 21 launch. By December, Apple expects to sell the phone in 100 countries and with 240 carriers worldwide.
Hong Kong residents have iPhone 5 fever, and they are buying the smartphone at an astounding rate, according to a report in...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client