iPhone 5 selling out in Hong Kong
Hong Kong residents have iPhone 5 fever, and they are buying the smartphone at an astounding rate, according to a report in AppleInsider. This information comes from analyst Brian White of Topeka Capital Markets who is visiting the Asian-Pacific region.
White claims customers have a better chance at winning the actual lottery than getting an iPhone via Apple's online ordering process. Apple uses a lottery method to select customers who can pick up the phone the next day in the Apple store. All the stores White visited were sold out of the iPhone 5.
The iPhone 5 went on sale in Hong Kong on September 28, a week after its initial September 21 launch. By December, Apple expects to sell the phone in 100 countries and with 240 carriers worldwide.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app