Microsoft Office for iOS reportedly set to launch in March 2013 (Updated)
Updated: Microsoft has denied this.
Good news for those of you who want Microsoft Office on your iOS device. The world's most popular office suite is reportedly set to be released for iOS and Android in March 2013, according to Czech Microsoft product manager Petr Bobek. Bobek broke the news to Czech site IHNED.cz today and confirmed to the site that the apps would be native, not web apps. Shortly after Bobek's announcement, The Verge got a look at a press release Microsoft issued at the press event in the Czech Republic earlier today. The translated release reads:
In addition to Windows, Office will be also available on other operating systems, Windows Phone, Windows RT, Mac OS, Android, iOS and Symbian.
This isn't the first leak that Office is coming to iOS. Back in February The Daily reported that Microsoft Office would be coming to iOS this November. If today's statements are anything to go by, the release date has now been pushed back by five months.
There's no other news yet as to which Office apps will be released nor what their price will be.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free