iPad, iPhone sales ban delayed in South Korea
Someone at Samsung must be getting very frustrated right now. Apple was facing a ban on sales of the iPhone and iPad in South Korea after a court found that those devices infringed on patents owned by Samsung. Now a Seoul court has ruled that Apple can keep the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad and iPad 2 on store shelves at least until the appeals process has been completed.
On the other hand, Samsung's Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Galaxy S and Galaxy S II -- all of which are also covered by the August 24 ruling -- are still on the ban list. A Samsung spokesperson told Bloomberg that the company had "no comment" about whether it would file its own request to delay the South Korean sales ban.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)