Sword of Fargoal 2 crosses the Kickstarter finish line
Sword of Fargoal was one of the earliest great games on the iPhone (after making the transition over from the Commodore 64 version a long time ago), and as we reported previously, the developers behind the game recently took to Kickstarter to try and pick up funding for a sequel. They held a livestream of interviews all this past Friday and Saturday (which they kindly asked me to join for a little bit), and as of early Saturday morning, the drive was still about $10,000 behind. But that money was made up in the last few hours, because Sword of Fargoal 2 reached its Kickstarter goal of $50,000.
Congrats to the whole team over there -- that's very impressive for a mobile game on Kickstarter. The good news for all of us is that the game can finally get production underway, and it should be set for the expected release sometime next May. Backers of the Kickstarter project (above the lowest level) will all get copies of the game when it arrives, and the rest of us will have to look for it in the iOS and Mac App Stores later on next year.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved