Media invitations for October 23 Apple event are in the air
A few minutes ago, Twitter lit up like a jack o'lantern with word that Apple's long-anticipated email invitations to the October announcement event have arrived in inboxes near and far. The media event, to be held at the California Theatre in San Jose, will serve as the finale for months of speculation on the widely rumored "iPad mini" shrink of Apple's market-leading tablet computer. Engadget's got the invite graphic -- "a little more to show you," indeed.
Macworld chief Jason Snell points out that the last Apple event to be held at the theater was the iPod photo launch featuring U2's performance. In case you're in the market for more than a teensy iPad, 9to5Mac suggests that new Mac minis and a new 13" Retina MacBook Pro will be sharing the stage.
As Erica noted this weekend, the launch of a scaled-down iPad could mean big things for the textbook market. Publishers are rumored to be part of the 10/23 event, as are game developers.
We'll be here with our popcorn and nachos come October 23, so stay tuned!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync