Where do most iPhone accidents happen?
The most common place to destroy an iPhone is not in your car or even the bathroom. According to a survey from Squaretrade, most fatal iPhone accidents (21 percent) happen in the kitchen, with the living room (18 percent) and bathroom (16 percent) following closely behind. Surprisingly, only 9 percent of damaged phones went for a swim in the toilet.
The majority of accidents (69 percent) are caused by the owner and happen inside the home (51 percent). The survey also showed that water is the leader when it comes to liquid damage, with soda, beer and coffee/tea rounding out the list. Have you killed an iPhone? Share your tale of woe with us in the comments.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature