Microsoft: Surface display superior to iPad display
The iPad 3 is known for its gorgeous, high-resolution Retina display, but it is not the best tablet display, said a Microsoft engineer during a Reddit IAmA event on Tuesday. Though its display is a lower resolution, Microsoft claims the screen on its upcoming Surface tablet is even better than the iPad's Retina display.
Steven Bathiche, director of research in the Applied Sciences group, said the Surface is superior because Microsoft's ClearType display technology maximizes the "perceived resolution" of its display. He noted that "doing a side by side with the new iPad in a consistently lit room, we have had many people see more detail on Surface RT than on the iPad with more resolution." This, of course, is a very subjective measurement that will be hotly debated when the Surface tablet finally hits the market next week.
The iPad 3 is known for its gorgeous, high-resolution Retina display, but it is not the best tablet display, said a Microsoft engineer...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update