Steam Mobile app updated, now open to everyone
The free Steam Mobile app for iOS has just received its obligatory iPhone 5 update, but the new version does more than simply take advantage of the smartphone's larger screen. Valve notes the refresh should also help to remedy the myriad of chat reliability issues some users have been experiencing, as well as lessen the chances of the app crashing unexpectedly.
Steam Mobile first launched in January of this year, and this marks the first significant update to the game connectivity platform. The app has now also been opened up to anyone with a Steam account, without making you jump through any hoops. And with added support for a total of 25 languages, you should have no problem finding gamers from around the world to chat with.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter