Verizon activated 3.1 million iPhones in Q3 2012
Verizon announced its quarterly earnings today and confirmed that it sold 3.1 million iPhones in Q3 2012. This is up from the 2.7 million units that the carrier sold in the previous quarter and up from the 2 million the carrier sold in the same quarter last year.
During its earnings conference call, Verizon CFO Fran Shammo also said that 21 percent of the iPhones sold in the quarter were compatible the carrier's 4G LTE network. We can interpret this to mean that Verizon sold 651,000 iPhone 5 handsets in the week between when the iPhone went on sale and the quarter closed.
Despite increasing iPhone sales, Verizon still sold more Android handsets in the quarter. The carrier sold 6.8 million smartphones in Q3 2012, of which 3.4 million were of the Android persuasion.
Verizon announced its quarterly earnings today and confirmed that it sold 3.1 million iPhones in Q3 2012. This is up from the 2.7...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs