Verizon activated 3.1 million iPhones in Q3 2012
Verizon announced its quarterly earnings today and confirmed that it sold 3.1 million iPhones in Q3 2012. This is up from the 2.7 million units that the carrier sold in the previous quarter and up from the 2 million the carrier sold in the same quarter last year.
During its earnings conference call, Verizon CFO Fran Shammo also said that 21 percent of the iPhones sold in the quarter were compatible the carrier's 4G LTE network. We can interpret this to mean that Verizon sold 651,000 iPhone 5 handsets in the week between when the iPhone went on sale and the quarter closed.
Despite increasing iPhone sales, Verizon still sold more Android handsets in the quarter. The carrier sold 6.8 million smartphones in Q3 2012, of which 3.4 million were of the Android persuasion.
Verizon announced its quarterly earnings today and confirmed that it sold 3.1 million iPhones in Q3 2012. This is up from the 2.7...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free