Japanese court: Apple did not infringe on two Samsung patents
Samsung and Apple are waging a legal battle in courts all over the world. Though the decisions in the US, UK and Germany garner most of the attention, other cases in other jurisdictions are also making their ways through their court systems. In Japan, two rulings favorable to Apple were handed down in September and October, according to a report from the Asahi Shimbun.
In these cases, the Tokyo court said Apple's Japanese unit did not infringe Samsung's patents and denied the Korean manufacturer's request to ban the iPhone in Japan. The two patents in the Japanese cases cover the downloading of an app to a smartphone and the use of airplane mode to turn off a phone's cellular and wireless radios when flying.
Samsung and Apple are waging a legal battle in courts all over the world. Though the decisions in the US, UK and Germany garner most...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free