RunKeeper 2.8 adds leaderboard, personal goals, and scheduled workouts
The popular and free RunKeeper app was revised to version 2.8 today, adding a host of new features to keep runners, joggers, walkers and fitness freaks in general happy and competitive.
RunKeeper 2.8 now features a way to find Facebook friends and people in your Contacts list who are using the app, and also invite friends to join RunKeeper without leaving the app. The new leaderboard gives you a constantly updated ranking list of where you stand among your friends in terms of your activity, and even lets you nudge couch potato buddies to get moving (see below). They're sure to appreciate the thought...
There's now a "Me" tab in the app to give you an idea of your personal bests and how you're progressing against personal goals, as seen in the image at the top of this post. Finally, RunKeeper now adds the ability to schedule your workouts. As soon as you're done with one run, you can schedule another one to keep up your momentum. RunKeeper's free training plans will add automatic alerts to your iPhone to further motivate you.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature