RunKeeper 2.8 adds leaderboard, personal goals, and scheduled workouts
The popular and free RunKeeper app was revised to version 2.8 today, adding a host of new features to keep runners, joggers, walkers and fitness freaks in general happy and competitive.
RunKeeper 2.8 now features a way to find Facebook friends and people in your Contacts list who are using the app, and also invite friends to join RunKeeper without leaving the app. The new leaderboard gives you a constantly updated ranking list of where you stand among your friends in terms of your activity, and even lets you nudge couch potato buddies to get moving (see below). They're sure to appreciate the thought...
There's now a "Me" tab in the app to give you an idea of your personal bests and how you're progressing against personal goals, as seen in the image at the top of this post. Finally, RunKeeper now adds the ability to schedule your workouts. As soon as you're done with one run, you can schedule another one to keep up your momentum. RunKeeper's free training plans will add automatic alerts to your iPhone to further motivate you.
The popular and free RunKeeper app was revised to version 2.8 today, adding a host of new features to keep runners, joggers, walkers...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs