Apple announces fourth generation iPad
Consumers and competitors alike apparently can't get too comfortable with the pace of iPad updates, because just six months after the "new iPad" came out, Apple has announced the fourth-generation iPad. Powered by an A6X chip, it doubles the CPU performance of its predecessor. It has a 720p FaceTime HD camera and has "greatly expanded LTE coverage" according to Phil Schiller.
The newest iPad comes with the same Lightning connector as the iPhone 5 and the newest iPods. It's available at the same prices as the third-generation iPad and has the same Retina display.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature