Apple announces fourth generation iPad
Consumers and competitors alike apparently can't get too comfortable with the pace of iPad updates, because just six months after the "new iPad" came out, Apple has announced the fourth-generation iPad. Powered by an A6X chip, it doubles the CPU performance of its predecessor. It has a 720p FaceTime HD camera and has "greatly expanded LTE coverage" according to Phil Schiller.
The newest iPad comes with the same Lightning connector as the iPhone 5 and the newest iPods. It's available at the same prices as the third-generation iPad and has the same Retina display.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options