Borderlands for iOS confirmed, to launch Oct. 31
If you didn't quite get your fill of the Borderlands universe with last month's release of Borderlands 2, Gearbox is about to invade your iOS devices with a new title exclusively for mobile called Borderlands Legends. It was announced by Entertainment Weekly. Interestingly, the game does away with the first-person perspective of the console titles in favor of a top-down approach, letting you control your entire four-person squad at once.
Legends features the familiar cel-shaded aesthetic as its bigger brothers, as well as similar enemy types including bandits and wild skags. Loot lovers will be happy to hear that you can still gather items from the world, either for personal use or to sell to vendors for upgrades. Action skills and abilities also return for this mobile iteration, as does the "second wind" mechanic to assist you should you take a fall on the battlefield.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync