Borderlands for iOS confirmed, to launch Oct. 31
If you didn't quite get your fill of the Borderlands universe with last month's release of Borderlands 2, Gearbox is about to invade your iOS devices with a new title exclusively for mobile called Borderlands Legends. It was announced by Entertainment Weekly. Interestingly, the game does away with the first-person perspective of the console titles in favor of a top-down approach, letting you control your entire four-person squad at once.
Legends features the familiar cel-shaded aesthetic as its bigger brothers, as well as similar enemy types including bandits and wild skags. Loot lovers will be happy to hear that you can still gather items from the world, either for personal use or to sell to vendors for upgrades. Action skills and abilities also return for this mobile iteration, as does the "second wind" mechanic to assist you should you take a fall on the battlefield.
If you didn't quite get your fill of the Borderlands universe with last month's release of Borderlands 2, Gearbox is about to invade your iOS devices with an all new title exclusively for mobile.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client