Borderlands for iOS confirmed, to launch Oct. 31
If you didn't quite get your fill of the Borderlands universe with last month's release of Borderlands 2, Gearbox is about to invade your iOS devices with a new title exclusively for mobile called Borderlands Legends. It was announced by Entertainment Weekly. Interestingly, the game does away with the first-person perspective of the console titles in favor of a top-down approach, letting you control your entire four-person squad at once.
Legends features the familiar cel-shaded aesthetic as its bigger brothers, as well as similar enemy types including bandits and wild skags. Loot lovers will be happy to hear that you can still gather items from the world, either for personal use or to sell to vendors for upgrades. Action skills and abilities also return for this mobile iteration, as does the "second wind" mechanic to assist you should you take a fall on the battlefield.
If you didn't quite get your fill of the Borderlands universe with last month's release of Borderlands 2, Gearbox is about to invade your iOS devices with an all new title exclusively for mobile.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs