Hungry Shark Evolution swims back to life with 3D graphics
For a long time, one of my favorite games on iOS was Hungry Shark. It's a simple but addictive game that allows you to control a shark that swims around a wonderfully inventive undersea world eating as much as you can -- whether that was other fish, swimmers or even mad scientist villains straight from a James Bond movie. Hungry Shark spawned a series of sequels and went on to be downloaded more than 40 million times.
Now Future Games of London, the company that brought you the original Hungry Shark, has released Hungry Shark Evolution, a complete revisioning of the undersea world. Hungry Shark Evolution has ditched 2D graphics for some eye-catching 3D ones, which makes the game visually stunning. The game also adds some cool new features such as a massive free-roaming undersea world, 45 missions and the ability to unlock other sharks including a Mako, Hammerhead, Tiger and Great White.
Hungry Shark Evolution hits the App Store today. For US$2.99 it's worth the fun. It's also formatted to fit the iPhone 5's new screen.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free