New 12W iPad Charger can charge older iPads faster
When Apple introduced the fourth-generation iPad and its new iPad mini, the company also unveiled a new 12W Power Adapter. The USB adapter is compatible with all versions of the iPad from the second generation forward and will allegedly charge these models faster than the stock 10W adapter. It's also compatible with the iPhone 4S/5, the iPod nano seventh generation and the iPod touch fifth generation.
9to5Mac received confirmation of this super-charging power from Apple which said, "We don't have an exact percentage of how much faster it would charge but you should see an increase in speed." This is good news to iPad third generation owners who were disappointed with the slow charge times from the original 10W adapter.
Customers who want to turbocharge their device can buy the new 12W USB power adapter for $19 from Apple's online store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature