Sprint sells 1.5 million iPhones in Q3 2012
Sprint is the third major US wireless operator to announce its earnings this week. The struggling carrier, now being acquired by Japan's SoftBank, reported that it sold 1.5 million iPhones in the quarter that ended on September 30. Forty percent of these sales were to new customers.
That number from Sprint is less than the 4.7 million that AT&T activated and the 3.1 million that Verizon sold in the quarter. Using these earnings figures, we can estimate that Apple sold or activated about 9.3 million iPhones in the US. We will get a detailed look at iPhone sales worldwide later today when Apple announces its quarterly earnings after the market closes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter