Yahoo! buys Stamped
Stamped, the creators of the free iPhone app of the same name, has been acquired by Yahoo. All of Stamped's employees will now be working under the Yahoo banner to create "a brand new product and engineering office" for the company.
Unfortunately for fans of Stamped for iOS, which let users share recommendations of things such as books, movies, apps and restaurants, the app's days are numbered. As the company notes in its official acquisition announcement, Stamped will be discontinued "by the end of the year."
The team is currently working on a tool to let users export their stamps and other data stored within the app, which will be released in the coming days.
Stamped, the creators of the free iPhone app of the same name, has been acquired by Yahoo.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client