Yahoo! buys Stamped
Stamped, the creators of the free iPhone app of the same name, has been acquired by Yahoo. All of Stamped's employees will now be working under the Yahoo banner to create "a brand new product and engineering office" for the company.
Unfortunately for fans of Stamped for iOS, which let users share recommendations of things such as books, movies, apps and restaurants, the app's days are numbered. As the company notes in its official acquisition announcement, Stamped will be discontinued "by the end of the year."
The team is currently working on a tool to let users export their stamps and other data stored within the app, which will be released in the coming days.
Stamped, the creators of the free iPhone app of the same name, has been acquired by Yahoo.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs