Yahoo! buys Stamped
Stamped, the creators of the free iPhone app of the same name, has been acquired by Yahoo. All of Stamped's employees will now be working under the Yahoo banner to create "a brand new product and engineering office" for the company.
Unfortunately for fans of Stamped for iOS, which let users share recommendations of things such as books, movies, apps and restaurants, the app's days are numbered. As the company notes in its official acquisition announcement, Stamped will be discontinued "by the end of the year."
The team is currently working on a tool to let users export their stamps and other data stored within the app, which will be released in the coming days.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter