iPhone 5 to launch in India, elsewhere Nov. 2
Apple fans eagerly awaiting the iPhone 5's broader worldwide release will have a reason to look forward to November 2 -- India, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Romania and Thailand will all score the new smartphone on that date. Additional countries are also likely included in that new rollout, though no more have been confirmed.
App Store customers in India will also gain country-specific pricing on that date, with app prices being displayed in Indian rupees for the first time. Pre-orders of the iPhone 5 are expected to begin in India within the next few days through third-party regional distributors, as the country's retail market makes the opening of official Apple Stores an unfavorable proposition for the company.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options