iPhone 5 to launch in India, elsewhere Nov. 2
Apple fans eagerly awaiting the iPhone 5's broader worldwide release will have a reason to look forward to November 2 -- India, Greece, Bulgaria, Malta, Romania and Thailand will all score the new smartphone on that date. Additional countries are also likely included in that new rollout, though no more have been confirmed.
App Store customers in India will also gain country-specific pricing on that date, with app prices being displayed in Indian rupees for the first time. Pre-orders of the iPhone 5 are expected to begin in India within the next few days through third-party regional distributors, as the country's retail market makes the opening of official Apple Stores an unfavorable proposition for the company.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter