Paper Climb for iPad: Fun wall-climber with great style
Paper Climb (US$0.99) offers a challenging wall-climbing game with really great style. You scale a virtual wall of paper while avoiding obstacles like falling stones (wadded-up paper -- everything follows the "made of paper" motif here), angry eagles and blowing wind.
The design is terrific. A lot of work has gone into presenting a delightful, visually-clever interface. I love how the developers worked so hard at building a fully realized visual metaphor.
The game play is fun too. You have to think fast, because just like real-world rock-climbing, you have to strategize on how to keep moving up that wall.
The obstacles are well thought out, and they ramp up the higher you move up the wall. For a buck, this is a no-brainer purchase for iPad owners but if you want to give it a no-commitment try, there's a free lite version available as well.
A video showcasing game play follows below, giving you a preview of Paper Climb in action.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync