Clear for Mac, Clear for iPhone/iPod touch 1.2 announced
Users of the innovative Clear "to-do list" app for iPhone and iPod touch have some good news today; a Mac version of the app is on the way, as is an update to the original iOS app. The app is a collaboration of Realmac Software, Impending and Helftone.
What's new? TUAW had an opportunity to preview Clear for Mac (US$14.99, available November 8), and it looks and acts just like the iPhone app. Similar gestures are used to navigate through the app, but there's a welcome twist to the Mac software -- keyboard shortcuts that make it easy to use the app while keeping your hands on the keyboard.
Realmac has also added sound effects to the app, providing a new levels of feedback as you create new lists, add new items or complete items on your lists. To sync your to-do items between your iPhone and Mac, there's iCloud sync. That last feature limits the app to users of OS X Mountain Lion.
Clear for iPhone 1.2 also gains the iCloud sync capability, and has a new gesture for moving between lists as well as a way to paste items from other apps into a new Clear list.
Check out the official launch video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration