CodeWeavers' Flock the Vote 10/31 giveaway is live, download CrossOver Windows tools for free
With a tongue-in-cheek press release, Windows compatibility vendor CodeWeavers announced earlier this week that it would be giving away free licenses and 12-month support for its flagship CrossOver product today, October 31.
CrossOver provides compatibility for Win32 API-based applications like Internet Explorer without requiring a Windows license or installation, which is necessary for virtualization tools like Parallels or VMware Fusion. It's built atop the open-source WINE project. It doesn't support every Windows app fully, but if the one app you need works, it's a solid, low-impact solution.
Originally framed as a voter registration drive, the promotion is now free of caveats or conditions. You can check out the signup page at CodeWeavers' Flock the Vote page.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update