Phil Schiller confirms iPad mini stereo speakers
In an email reply to an Apple fan requesting a bit of clarification on the iPad mini, Phil Schiller confirmed that the new, smaller tablet does indeed feature built-in stereo speakers. This marks the first time an iPhone or iPad has carried such a feature, and it seems somewhat odd that Apple didn't promote this important bullet point when the company revealed the new tablet.
On a rather humorous but related note, Amazon has since pulled its front page comparison ad that pitted the Kindle Fire HD against the iPad mini. In the comparison, Amazon touted the Kindle's stereo speakers as superior to the mini's mono sound. After Apple confirmed that the mini does indeed have stereo support, the head-to-head quietly disappeared.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter