Phil Schiller confirms iPad mini stereo speakers
In an email reply to an Apple fan requesting a bit of clarification on the iPad mini, Phil Schiller confirmed that the new, smaller tablet does indeed feature built-in stereo speakers. This marks the first time an iPhone or iPad has carried such a feature, and it seems somewhat odd that Apple didn't promote this important bullet point when the company revealed the new tablet.
On a rather humorous but related note, Amazon has since pulled its front page comparison ad that pitted the Kindle Fire HD against the iPad mini. In the comparison, Amazon touted the Kindle's stereo speakers as superior to the mini's mono sound. After Apple confirmed that the mini does indeed have stereo support, the head-to-head quietly disappeared.
The first iOS device with stereo speakers is almost here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support