Phil Schiller confirms iPad mini stereo speakers
In an email reply to an Apple fan requesting a bit of clarification on the iPad mini, Phil Schiller confirmed that the new, smaller tablet does indeed feature built-in stereo speakers. This marks the first time an iPhone or iPad has carried such a feature, and it seems somewhat odd that Apple didn't promote this important bullet point when the company revealed the new tablet.
On a rather humorous but related note, Amazon has since pulled its front page comparison ad that pitted the Kindle Fire HD against the iPad mini. In the comparison, Amazon touted the Kindle's stereo speakers as superior to the mini's mono sound. After Apple confirmed that the mini does indeed have stereo support, the head-to-head quietly disappeared.
The first iOS device with stereo speakers is almost here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free