AT&T announces cloud-based storage, 5 GB free for iOS users
AT&T's apparently jumping into the cloud storage fray with a new program called AT&T Locker. The service will provide up to 5 GB of free storage via an app to iOS users, with extra charges for any storage above that. To get started, AT&T users can grab the app right now, and then upload and access photos or videos on the app, or then share them off to other networks like Facebook, Twitter or (it's back!) MySpace.
It's an interesting move by AT&T for sure. The idea, apparently, is that by getting you to invest your documents and photos on their servers, there will be more reason for you to stay with their network when the opportunity to switch comes around. I don't know how well that will work, but 5 GB of extra free storage is always appreciated.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter