AT&T announces cloud-based storage, 5 GB free for iOS users
AT&T's apparently jumping into the cloud storage fray with a new program called AT&T Locker. The service will provide up to 5 GB of free storage via an app to iOS users, with extra charges for any storage above that. To get started, AT&T users can grab the app right now, and then upload and access photos or videos on the app, or then share them off to other networks like Facebook, Twitter or (it's back!) MySpace.
It's an interesting move by AT&T for sure. The idea, apparently, is that by getting you to invest your documents and photos on their servers, there will be more reason for you to stay with their network when the opportunity to switch comes around. I don't know how well that will work, but 5 GB of extra free storage is always appreciated.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)