Atari 2600 classic Outlaw reborn on iOS today
As promised last week, a new take on the classic Atari 2600 title Outlaw has arrived on the App Store today for iPhone and iPad. Atari's re-imagining keeps the original's Wild West theme, but applies it to touch-based shooting gallery gameplay.
Outlaw is a free game supported by in-app purchases for additional bullets -- basically allowing you to play the game more -- and power-up items. You can also purchase more powerful guns, including some high-tech weapons like a lightning bolt-shooting Tesla rifle.
It's a fairly simple game, but it's nevertheless worth a shot (sorry!) for the low, low price of free. You can check out its cartoon-style visuals in action below if you're still on the fence.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)