Atari 2600 classic Outlaw reborn on iOS today
As promised last week, a new take on the classic Atari 2600 title Outlaw has arrived on the App Store today for iPhone and iPad. Atari's re-imagining keeps the original's Wild West theme, but applies it to touch-based shooting gallery gameplay.
Outlaw is a free game supported by in-app purchases for additional bullets -- basically allowing you to play the game more -- and power-up items. You can also purchase more powerful guns, including some high-tech weapons like a lightning bolt-shooting Tesla rifle.
It's a fairly simple game, but it's nevertheless worth a shot (sorry!) for the low, low price of free. You can check out its cartoon-style visuals in action below if you're still on the fence.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options