Atari 2600 classic Outlaw reborn on iOS today
As promised last week, a new take on the classic Atari 2600 title Outlaw has arrived on the App Store today for iPhone and iPad. Atari's re-imagining keeps the original's Wild West theme, but applies it to touch-based shooting gallery gameplay.
Outlaw is a free game supported by in-app purchases for additional bullets -- basically allowing you to play the game more -- and power-up items. You can also purchase more powerful guns, including some high-tech weapons like a lightning bolt-shooting Tesla rifle.
It's a fairly simple game, but it's nevertheless worth a shot (sorry!) for the low, low price of free. You can check out its cartoon-style visuals in action below if you're still on the fence.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support