iOS 6.1, Xcode 4.6 betas arrive in Dev Center
In addition to rolling out iOS 6.0.1 today, Apple has released a beta build of iOS 6.1 to developers. The update supports legacy devices dating back to the iPhone 3GS and newer products including the iPhone 5 and fourth-generation iPad. A build is not yet available for the iPad mini.
Apple has also introduced a developer preview of Xcode 4.6 to coincide with the iOS 6.1 beta. No major new features have been detailed by Apple in the 6.1 beta changelog, but interested developers can do some digging for themselves by downloading the firmware and Xcode 4.6 from the iOS dev center.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature