Second Life's Linden Lab releases its first iPad app, Creatorverse
Best known for creating the shared virtual world Second Life, San Francisco-based Linden Lab has made the leap into iPad development with a new app called Creatorverse. The app is an invention toolkit that lets you combine shapes, moving parts, motors and other objects to create elaborate contraptions that you can control directly or allow to be acted upon by forces such as wind and gravity.
Creatorverse is a social app that allows you to share your completed creations with an online community to be remixed or worked into the inventions of others. The US$4.99 app is available now, and Linden Lab has set up a YouTube playlist featuring tutorial videos showing off the sort of creations that can be made using it. You can see the app in action below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync