Second Life's Linden Lab releases its first iPad app, Creatorverse
Best known for creating the shared virtual world Second Life, San Francisco-based Linden Lab has made the leap into iPad development with a new app called Creatorverse. The app is an invention toolkit that lets you combine shapes, moving parts, motors and other objects to create elaborate contraptions that you can control directly or allow to be acted upon by forces such as wind and gravity.
Creatorverse is a social app that allows you to share your completed creations with an online community to be remixed or worked into the inventions of others. The US$4.99 app is available now, and Linden Lab has set up a YouTube playlist featuring tutorial videos showing off the sort of creations that can be made using it. You can see the app in action below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs