Amtrak for iPhone adds Passbook support
Apple's Passbook app is starting to gain momentum, with more apps now providing support for tickets, payment and coupons. The latest comes from the National Railroad Passenger Corporation, AKA Amtrak, which released version 1.3 of its free iPhone app today.
The app makes it possible to move an Amtrak eTicket to Passbook by selecting the action button on the eTicket screen. Once there, the eTicket is accessible and viewable with a tap on the Passbook app, and may then be scanned by an Amtrak conductor.
Amtrak for iPhone also provides the ability to buy tickets, find train status, look up station locations and contact numbers, view scheduled and more.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter