Amtrak for iPhone adds Passbook support
Apple's Passbook app is starting to gain momentum, with more apps now providing support for tickets, payment and coupons. The latest comes from the National Railroad Passenger Corporation, AKA Amtrak, which released version 1.3 of its free iPhone app today.
The app makes it possible to move an Amtrak eTicket to Passbook by selecting the action button on the eTicket screen. Once there, the eTicket is accessible and viewable with a tap on the Passbook app, and may then be scanned by an Amtrak conductor.
Amtrak for iPhone also provides the ability to buy tickets, find train status, look up station locations and contact numbers, view scheduled and more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)