Amtrak for iPhone adds Passbook support
Apple's Passbook app is starting to gain momentum, with more apps now providing support for tickets, payment and coupons. The latest comes from the National Railroad Passenger Corporation, AKA Amtrak, which released version 1.3 of its free iPhone app today.
The app makes it possible to move an Amtrak eTicket to Passbook by selecting the action button on the eTicket screen. Once there, the eTicket is accessible and viewable with a tap on the Passbook app, and may then be scanned by an Amtrak conductor.
Amtrak for iPhone also provides the ability to buy tickets, find train status, look up station locations and contact numbers, view scheduled and more.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station
- Microsoft revamps Bing for iPad
- Plex updated for iOS 7