Evernote for iOS also getting a redesign soon
Now that the Evernote 5 for Mac beta is in the wild, the note-taking software maker has announced that it is currently in the process of redesigning its iOS app. Evernote 5 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is taking some visual cues from its desktop counterpart, with its designers focusing on improving its overall speed and reducing the number of taps required to perform common tasks.
In the preview video below, you can see the shift to a card-style "views" interface that allows for quick flipping between different elements including notes, tags, locations and notebooks. Single-tap actions are also being introduced, including the ability to add new notes with a tap. On iPad, you'll be able to quickly see a list of recent notes as well.
Evernote is saying to expect the update to hit the App Store "very soon," so keep an eye on that Updates tab.
Now that the Evernote 5 for Mac beta is in the wild, the note-taking software maker has announced that it is currently in the process...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs