1985's Chaos: The Battle of Wizards getting remade for iOS
Chaos: The Battle of Wizards is an old tactical game created for the ZX Spectrum computer in 1985. Despite its complexity, it has a loyal following and has influenced a lot of games and developers. Now, the original creator of Chaos, Julian Gollop, has decided to work on recreating the title for iOS as Chaos Reborn, and he's blogging about the process.
Gollop has plenty of experience on modern consoles: He recently served as creative director on the Vita version of the Assassin's Creed 3. But he says he values the opportunity to be back on his own, working on a rising platform on his old game. The feature list he's put together is ambitious, with a full campaign mode as well as different multiplayer modes. It'll be interesting to see how the project turns out. Even if you're not a fan of the 1985 title, Gollop is an experienced developer who's returning to his roots courtesy of Apple's great and accessible mobile platform.
Gollop has just started development, so it might be a while before we see this game released. But it'll be intriguing to follow along on his blog as he goes.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows