Apple sells three million iPad minis, 4th generation iPads in three days
Apple announced today that it sold 3 million iPads in three days. This figure includes sales of both the WiFi-only iPad mini and the WiFi-only iPad fourth generation. Apple points out that this figure doubles the number of WiFi third generation iPads it sold in the tablet's opening weekend back in March.
CEO Tim Cook said in a press release that "customers around the world love the new iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad." He added, "we set a new launch weekend record and practically sold out of iPad minis. We're working hard to build more quickly to meet the incredible demand."
These numbers are expected to increase in the coming weeks when Apple starts selling the cellular versions of the iPad mini and the fourth-generation iPad.
Apple announced today that it sold 3 million iPads in three days. This figure includes sales of both the WiFi-only iPad mini and the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype