Apple sells three million iPad minis, 4th generation iPads in three days
Apple announced today that it sold 3 million iPads in three days. This figure includes sales of both the WiFi-only iPad mini and the WiFi-only iPad fourth generation. Apple points out that this figure doubles the number of WiFi third generation iPads it sold in the tablet's opening weekend back in March.
CEO Tim Cook said in a press release that "customers around the world love the new iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad." He added, "we set a new launch weekend record and practically sold out of iPad minis. We're working hard to build more quickly to meet the incredible demand."
These numbers are expected to increase in the coming weeks when Apple starts selling the cellular versions of the iPad mini and the fourth-generation iPad.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync