Facebook updated to 5.1, upgrades messaging and adds Gifts
Facebook's latest update for iOS makes it a tad easier to start private conversations and share photos with those on your friends list. Version 5.1 adds the handy ability to simply swipe left anywhere within the app to see what friends are currently chatting. You can also prioritize your chat partners and list your favorites first.
If these two features sound familiar, it's because both of them largely already exist in the standalone Facebook Messenger and Facebook Camera apps, which the company seems to be using as a proving ground for new features before including them in the standard app.
The update also adds support for the new Gifts option, which -- when it eventually rolls out to all users -- will allow you to send actual, physical items to your Facebook friends.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service