Facebook updated to 5.1, upgrades messaging and adds Gifts
Facebook's latest update for iOS makes it a tad easier to start private conversations and share photos with those on your friends list. Version 5.1 adds the handy ability to simply swipe left anywhere within the app to see what friends are currently chatting. You can also prioritize your chat partners and list your favorites first.
If these two features sound familiar, it's because both of them largely already exist in the standalone Facebook Messenger and Facebook Camera apps, which the company seems to be using as a proving ground for new features before including them in the standard app.
The update also adds support for the new Gifts option, which -- when it eventually rolls out to all users -- will allow you to send actual, physical items to your Facebook friends.
Get ready to give Facebook Gifts on the go.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free