Facebook updated to 5.1, upgrades messaging and adds Gifts
Facebook's latest update for iOS makes it a tad easier to start private conversations and share photos with those on your friends list. Version 5.1 adds the handy ability to simply swipe left anywhere within the app to see what friends are currently chatting. You can also prioritize your chat partners and list your favorites first.
If these two features sound familiar, it's because both of them largely already exist in the standalone Facebook Messenger and Facebook Camera apps, which the company seems to be using as a proving ground for new features before including them in the standard app.
The update also adds support for the new Gifts option, which -- when it eventually rolls out to all users -- will allow you to send actual, physical items to your Facebook friends.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs