Updated Sparrow app rejected, iOS 6-only version on the way
According to Sparrow developer Dinh Viet Hoa's recent Twitter activity, a newly submitted update to the popular email app has been rejected by Apple, and unless the team submits a new version, the app could be pulled from the App Store entirely. "Apple called to tell me that Sparrow has been rejected," one tweet reads. "Our app will be removed from the appstore if we don't submit a new version soon."
Apparently the issue stems from the updated app's implementation of rich text editing on iOS 5 devices. The rich text editing feature was not available in Apple's own email app until the rollout of iOS 6, and while details remain sparse, it appears that the Sparrow update in some way violated Apple's terms. "We'll submit a new version of Sparrow for iPhone that is only compatible with iOS 6," Viet Hoa explained.
[Via: The Next Web]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options