Updated Sparrow app rejected, iOS 6-only version on the way
According to Sparrow developer Dinh Viet Hoa's recent Twitter activity, a newly submitted update to the popular email app has been rejected by Apple, and unless the team submits a new version, the app could be pulled from the App Store entirely. "Apple called to tell me that Sparrow has been rejected," one tweet reads. "Our app will be removed from the appstore if we don't submit a new version soon."
Apparently the issue stems from the updated app's implementation of rich text editing on iOS 5 devices. The rich text editing feature was not available in Apple's own email app until the rollout of iOS 6, and while details remain sparse, it appears that the Sparrow update in some way violated Apple's terms. "We'll submit a new version of Sparrow for iPhone that is only compatible with iOS 6," Viet Hoa explained.
[Via: The Next Web]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter