The Verge shows Microsoft Office on iPhone
In November of last year, The Daily reported that Microsoft was working on a version of its Office suite of apps for the iPad. One year later and The Verge now claims to have information that confirms the Redmond company will release Office versions for Android and iOS in early 2013.
According to The Verge report, Microsoft will release the apps for free. They will require a Microsoft account and will provide basic viewing functionality. Customers can unlock editing features by purchasing a subscription to Office 365. The apps will reportedly provide only basic editing features and won't replace the desktop versions of the apps.
A PR spokesperson for Microsoft told The Verge that "Office will work across Windows Phone, iOS and Android," but would not provide additional details on the apps or their launch dates. A previous rumor hinted at a March 2013 release, but Microsoft denied that report.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration