iPad could replace your office receptionist
To keep a professional feel to a workplace, many businesses hire a receptionist to greet and direct visitors to an office. Receptionists may become an endangered species soon if the Reception Manager iPad platform from the Foundry Group, Rage Digital and TechStars takes off.
Currently in beta, the platform uses a kiosk-mounted iPad and customizable app to connect visitors to company employees. Upon arriving at the kiosk, the visitor taps a button to indicate the reason for their visit (a meeting, a delivery and so on), taps another button indicating the name of the employee they wish to see, enters their name and company into the kiosk, and then the employee is notified via text message.
Should that employee need to respond to the visitor, they can reply and their message is displayed on the kiosk. The service is priced at US$99 per month for companies with up to 49 employees, $149 per month for 50-99 employees and $249 monthly for more than 100 employees. Check it out in the video below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature