Passbook-enabled gift cards now available via Apple Store app
We knew it was coming and yesterday's Apple Store app update made it a reality: You can now use Passbook-enabled virtual gift cards to pay for items at Apple retail outlets. The refreshed app has added the ability for customers to purchase gift card codes which are sent via email. The codes can then be added to your Passbook wallet and used to complete purchases in-store.
So, say, for example, you forgot your wallet and/or purse on your way out the door to the Apple Store. Don't worry, because you can use your Apple device to bring up the virtual Apple Store, and purchase a virtual Apple gift card. Then, you can use your virtual Passbook on your physical Apple device to pay for another physical Apple product inside the physical Apple Store. Isn't the future great?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync