Passbook-enabled gift cards now available via Apple Store app
We knew it was coming and yesterday's Apple Store app update made it a reality: You can now use Passbook-enabled virtual gift cards to pay for items at Apple retail outlets. The refreshed app has added the ability for customers to purchase gift card codes which are sent via email. The codes can then be added to your Passbook wallet and used to complete purchases in-store.
So, say, for example, you forgot your wallet and/or purse on your way out the door to the Apple Store. Don't worry, because you can use your Apple device to bring up the virtual Apple Store, and purchase a virtual Apple gift card. Then, you can use your virtual Passbook on your physical Apple device to pay for another physical Apple product inside the physical Apple Store. Isn't the future great?
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements