Passbook-enabled gift cards now available via Apple Store app
We knew it was coming and yesterday's Apple Store app update made it a reality: You can now use Passbook-enabled virtual gift cards to pay for items at Apple retail outlets. The refreshed app has added the ability for customers to purchase gift card codes which are sent via email. The codes can then be added to your Passbook wallet and used to complete purchases in-store.
So, say, for example, you forgot your wallet and/or purse on your way out the door to the Apple Store. Don't worry, because you can use your Apple device to bring up the virtual Apple Store, and purchase a virtual Apple gift card. Then, you can use your virtual Passbook on your physical Apple device to pay for another physical Apple product inside the physical Apple Store. Isn't the future great?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)