Apple donates $2.5M to aid Hurricane Sandy victims
Apple has been making more charitable gifts since Tim Cook became CEO, and the latest organization to benefit from the company's generosity is the American Red Cross. The company donated US$2.5 million to the organization earmarked for Hurricane Sandy relief. The image above is from an email received by an Apple employee who forwarded it to 9to5Mac.
The company had set up an iTunes page last week making it easy for iTunes users to donate money to relief efforts. We at TUAW want to thank all of our readers who have used the iTunes tool to make a donation to the American Red Cross, and urge those who haven't to think about those who are still suffering in the wake of Sandy.
Apple has been making more charitable gifts since Tim Cook became CEO, and the latest organization to benefit from the company's...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free